Pearls of Nizhny Novgorod and the Vicinity
Tour to Nizhny Novgorod-Semenov
A 1 day tour program for foreign tourists
08:00 a.m. traditional meeting at the railway station
08:20 a.m. boarding buses, beginning of a tour around Nizhny Novgorod (duration – 4.5 hours). The tour includes:
- Nizhny Novgorod Fair (Main Fair House, St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, complex of the Annunciation Monastery, city viewing point – the confluence of the Volga and the Oka rivers (the Strelka), etc.)
- A walking tour around the historical part of the city, Meet Nizhny Novgorod, a visit to the Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin (16th century), the open-air exhibition of military machinery, the Cathedral of Archangel Michael with the burial site of Kuzma Minin, and Minin Square (with a monument to the famous pilot Chkalov). Panoramic views of Nizhny Novgorod from Verkhnevolzhskaya quay. Duration – 1.5 hours.
- A visit to the manor of the Rukavishnikov merchant family – a majestic residential complex in the Italian style built in Verkhnevolzhskaya quay. Duration – 1 hour.
- A visit to Yurkovka, a unique Russian gallery of floral mosaics. The exhibits of the gallery are made solely from natural materials (leaves and grass), and the cost of some items reaches dozens of thousands of dollars. The author left the collection to the residents of the city. Duration – 1 hour.
- A walk down the most famous pedestrian street of the city – Bolshaya Pokrovskaya Street, or the so-called Nizhny Novgorod Arbat.
01:00 p.m. transfer to the railway station
02:00 p.m. boarding a train to Semenov (a birthplace of Russian Khokhloma)
Lunch in the dining car.
03:00 p.m. arrival in Semenov. Festive meeting of the guests at the railway station. Boardingbuses.
03:30 p.m. theatric meeting of the guests at the entrance to the Golden Khokhloma tourist complex, division into groups:
Group 1 goes on a tour to the Golden Khokhloma museum (duration – 40 minutes);
Group 2 attends an interactive program at the museum of ethnography (duration – 40 minutes);
Group 3 attends the Khokhloma factory (duration – 1 hour).
After the painting workshop, an item painted by the tourist is given to him/her as a souvenir (duration – 40 minutes, the place of the workshop depends on the total number of tourists). After that, the tourists change groups. Each tourist visits all the three objects.
06:30 p.m. boarding buses, transfer to the railway station, departure to Moscow.
Tour price per person:
|35 to 44 persons in a group
||45 to 74 persons in a group
||75 to 100 persons in a group
The price includes:
- traditional meeting of the guests at the railway station in Nizhny Novgorod
- transportation services during the city tour (tourist class buses)
- services of two guides speaking a foreign language
- services of one Russian-speaking guide for Chinese tourists
- city tour around Nizhny Novgorod
- entrance tickets to the Rukavishnikov mansion and Yurkovka gallery
- festive meeting of the guests at the railway station in Semenov
- transportation services in Semenov (tourist class buses)
- theatrical meeting of the guests at the entrance to the museum complex
- entrance ticket to the Golden Khokhloma center and guidance of the group
- interactive program in the ethnography museum
- entrance tickets to the Khokhloma painting factory and guidance of the group
- Matryoshka doll painting workshop